- About us
- News and Events
- Simulated Learning
- Supervision Support
- Virtual Tours
- Aboriginal Health Services
- Rural Health Teaching Sites
- Campbell Town Health and Community Service
- Deloraine District Hospital
- Flinders Island Multi-Purpose Centre
- George Town Hospital and Community Centre
- Huon Eldercare, Dover
- King Island Hospital and Health Centre
- Midlands Multi-Purpose Health Centre, Oatlands
- North Eastern Soldiers' Memorial Hospital, Scottsdale
- Smithton District Hospital and Community Health Service
- St Helens District Hospital
- St Marys Community Health Centre
- Tasman Health and Community Service, Nubeena
- West Coast District Hospital, Queenstown
You are here
West Coast District Hospital, Queenstown
West Coast District Hospital at Queenstown is part of THS North West Region, West Coast. The hospital, located on Orr Street, provides emergency care and sub-acute health care services to West Coast Tasmanians. Located on the same site is Lyell House, which has 15 residential care beds and one bed for respite care. Unlike many hospitals, the Tasmanian Ambulance Service is co-located at West Coast District Hospital and therefore has direct under-cover access to the emergency room.
The hospital is supported by Rural Medical Practitioners from Queenstown Medical Practice located in the adjacent building. Other services include pathology, radiography, community nursing, midwifery care, dental service and allied health services such as physiotherapy. Appointments with visiting specialists (from obstetrics, gynaecology, cardiology and podiatry to name a few) are available along with telehealth services via video conferencing.
Community service is highly valued at West Coast District Hospital. Meals on wheels are provided to community clients by the onsite Catering services. The Adult Day Centre, used by older members of the community, enables social interaction. There are strong links with Child and Family Health Nurse and other community-based HealthWest services. Collaborative Practice meetings are held on a weekly basis out of the West Coast District Hospital. These meetings support an interdisciplinary approach to person-centred health care with inpatient and community-based clients.
A popular site at West Coast District Hospital is the Rural Integrated Clinical Education and Training Centre (RICETC). Centrally situated within the hospital, the RICETC is ideal for student learning, staff meetings, staff education and training sessions. We have a range of resources that students can access to support their learning from computers to simulated learning equipment.
Click here to view the virtual tour >
West Coast District Hospital Virtual Tour
64 Orr Street QueenstownTAS 7467 |
Ph: 6472 2300