- About us
- News and Events
- Simulated Learning
- Supervision Support
- Virtual Tours
- Aboriginal Health Services
- Rural Health Teaching Sites
- Campbell Town Health and Community Service
- Deloraine District Hospital
- Flinders Island Multi-Purpose Centre
- George Town Hospital and Community Centre
- Huon Eldercare, Dover
- King Island Hospital and Health Centre
- Midlands Multi-Purpose Health Centre, Oatlands
- North Eastern Soldiers' Memorial Hospital, Scottsdale
- Smithton District Hospital and Community Health Service
- St Helens District Hospital
- St Marys Community Health Centre
- Tasman Health and Community Service, Nubeena
- West Coast District Hospital, Queenstown
Welcome to the Virtual Orientation Tour website. Our goal has been to develop a suite of virtual tours of rural and remote health practice settings around Tasmania to assist students select and prepare for rural placements. It is important that students understand rural health services, including the supports, resources and breadth of learning opportunities available so they can align their goals and expectations of a particular placement to optimise clinical learning.
The Virtual Orientation Tours introduce you to the health service, key personnel, the services provided, the clinical learning facilities available and accommodation. They also include links to learning resources and provide you with a range of site-specific and local information. We hope that this will help prepare you for placement, allay any pre-placement fears about rural placement and make you feel more confident and welcome.
To begin, click on the image to the right for either an Aboriginal Health tour OR Rural health tour. Alternatively, you can go to the menu bar above, select Virtual Tour and then the tour of your choice.
You begin the tour outside the main entrance to the hospital/health centre. Use the mouse (click and drag) or navigation controls to look around, and then select a hotspot to view some information or go to another scene. Please note it may take a short while for each scene to load.
Each Virtual Tour has a floor plan to help orientate you to the site and allow you to move directly to a specific scene (blue dot).
Click the help button during the tour to provide an overview of these instructions.
Having viewed a tour, please return to the front page, locate the Student Feedback survey and give us some feedback. The online survey is anonymous and will take you about 7-10 minutes to complete. We appreciate your time and use this feedback to address any issues and improve the Virtual Tours.