- About us
- News and Events
- Simulated Learning
- Supervision Support
- Virtual Tours
- Aboriginal Health Services
- Rural Health Teaching Sites
- Campbell Town Health and Community Service
- Deloraine District Hospital
- Flinders Island Multi-Purpose Centre
- George Town Hospital and Community Centre
- Huon Eldercare, Dover
- King Island Hospital and Health Centre
- Midlands Multi-Purpose Health Centre, Oatlands
- North Eastern Soldiers' Memorial Hospital, Scottsdale
- Smithton District Hospital and Community Health Service
- St Helens District Hospital
- St Marys Community Health Centre
- Tasman Health and Community Service, Nubeena
- West Coast District Hospital, Queenstown
You are here
Health Workforce Australia - CSSP
HWA Clinical Supervision Support Program
To ensure we have the best health professionals, we need to ensure their clinical training is of the highest standard. This means having competent clinical supervisors providing support for trainees. Health Workforce Australia’s (HWA) Clinical Supervision Support Program supported clinical supervision by funding the training of supervisors who in turn help to develop a safe and competent workforce.
This will ensure clinical supervisors across Australia provide quality clinical placements.
HWA was abolished in August 2014 and their website is no longer accessible, a number of relevant documents are available below:
National Clinical Supervision Fellowship Initiative 2012: In 2012, Health Workforce Australia funded 16 research projects that sought to expand capacity of clinical supervision and promote high standards and competence in education and training of health professionals
National Competency Based Clinical Placement Assessment Tools: The project is funding development of assessment tools for a range of professions including speech pathology, occupational therapy, physiotherapy, nursing, medicine and allied health.
National Clinical Supervision Competency Resource:The resource supports the continuation and further development of a high-quality, sustainable clinical supervision workforce across all settings. Also available is the HWA-Clinical-Supervision-Self-assessment-tool.
National Clinical Supervision Support Framework: A reference guide for individuals and organisations involved in the clinical education and training of healthcare professionals.
National Guidelines for Clinical Placement Agreements: The guidelines assist individuals and their organisations who are involved in clinical education and training to develop new, or to review existing, clinical placement agreements.
- Clinical Supervision Support Program Directions Paper April 2011
- Clinical Supervision Support Program Discussion Paper
- HWA National Skills Initiative Evaluation Strategy
- HWA National Clinical Supervision Competency Resource
- Promoting Quality in Clinical Placements Report 2013
NATIONAL STATISITICAL RESOURCE:
- Health Workforce 2025 - Doctors, Nurses and Midwives - Volume 1 March 2012
- Health Workforce 2025 - Doctors, Nurses and Midwives - Volume 2 March 2012
- Health Workforce 2025 - Medical Specialties - Volume 3 November 2012
- Health Workforce 2025 - Summary Edition Volumes 1 to 3
- Health Workforce 2025: Consumer Edition (HWA 2014)
CLINICAL TRAINING PLACEMENT CENSUS:
- Clinical Training 2012 - Survey Results June 2012
- Clinical Training 2011 - HWA Survey Results March 2013
- Mapping Clinical Placements (Demand) - June 2011
- Mapping Clinical Placements (Supply) - June 2011
POSTGRADUATE MEDICAL TRAINEE TOOL
A Strategic Study of Postgraduate Medical Training: Baseline Report March 2011