- About us
- News and Events
- Simulated Learning
- Supervision Support
- Virtual Tours
- Aboriginal Health Services
- Rural Health Teaching Sites
- Campbell Town Health and Community Service
- Deloraine District Hospital
- Flinders Island Multi-Purpose Centre
- George Town Hospital and Community Centre
- Huon Eldercare, Dover
- King Island Hospital and Health Centre
- Midlands Multi-Purpose Health Centre, Oatlands
- North Eastern Soldiers' Memorial Hospital, Scottsdale
- Smithton District Hospital and Community Health Service
- St Helens District Hospital
- St Marys Community Health Centre
- Tasman Health and Community Service, Nubeena
- West Coast District Hospital, Queenstown
You are here
St Helens District Hospital
St Helens District Hospital, located on Circassian Street in St Helens, provides 10 sub-acute beds, a 4-bay accident and emergency department, palliative care room and a self-contained family unit. Other services offered at St Helens include community nursing, physiotherapy, social work, mental health, occupational therapy and a contracted radiology service.
The staff and management at St Helens value having students and strive to make students feel welcome and supported. We are a designated Rural Integrated Clinical Education Training Centre (RICETC) and so students have access to a clinical learning room, computers, professional development videoconferencing facility and some simulation equipment.
We have self-contained accommodation available for students at two sites within comfortable walking distance from the hospital and the main street. This can be organised through the UTAS Centre for Rural Health (Email: K.Peek@utas.edu.au /Phone: 03 6324 4000, OR call reception at the hospital (Phone 03 6376 5222).
Please check out the virtual orientation tour to get more of a feel for where we are and what our facilities are like. We hope it helps you prepare for your placement and look forward to you coming.
Click here to view the virtual tour >
St Helens District Hospital Virtual Tour
8 Circassian Street St HelensTAS 7216 |
Ph: (03) 6387 5570